"Okay, so this is going to be a major headache. Here's the facts:
1) The trip will be 10 days long.
2) My son will be 19 months old at the time of travel.
3) The trip will be in Japan (so expect super not-awesome jet-lag)
4) The son (described in item 1) DOES NOT fall asleep in the presence of adults. He HAS to be in his crib and he HAS to be alone...otherwise he'll just play.
5) Japanese, in general, don't use cribs, so none will be available to me.
WHAT DO I DO!?!?! How do I train my son to fall asleep without his crib? I've thought about switching him to a twin, or just put his crib mattress on the floor, but just the thought of that makes me shudder. No more peace! No more naps! Ah! Please help! I'm desperate!
P.S. The trip's happening in about a month, so I would appreciate feedback asap. :)"
So help her out! Give her some good tips on how to get her little one to sleep well in another place (let alone another country) and without his home comforts! What have you tried that's worked? Also - please address her specific concerns as best as you can.
Below are links two posts we've done in the past about traveling with kids. These might spark some ideas as well.
The Terminal Battle
Reader Request Week 5
Thanks for reading!!
Also - be sure to check out the post right below this one - about leaving kids overnight. We've all been there with axiety about leaving our little ones. PLEASE give some feedback on that post as well.