Then we had one baby, and going to the temple became trickier. We still worked it out though and did a babysitting swap with a couple in our ward. We would switch every other Saturday and that way we still got to go to the temple about 2 times a month.
Then... we had a SECOND baby and things became more difficult. We still had babysitting trades with other couples but instead of twice a month we switched to once a month, and with the help of family we were able to get to the temple twice a month once in a while. We'd average about 15 times a year going to the temple (which seems so little sometimes).
Now days we have 3 children and we don't have anyone to babysit trade with (who wants to watch our 3 kids on a frequent basis, right?) So getting to the temple is becoming increasingly difficult.
I know we are so fortunate to live close to a temple (it's about a 5 minute drive) and I feel guilty for not taking advantage of the temple, especially since we might be moving to another state that will most likely not have temple close by.
- So, what are your tips for getting to the temple?
- What to you is a reasonable "frequent" attendance? Once a month? Once every other month?
- How do you go when you have children? Do you go separately? Do you go with your spouse?
- Do you rotate through different ordinances?
- How do you keep from feeling guilty about not going as much, but yet feel like you are doing all you can?
- What do you do if you live FAR from a temple?
- Mostly, how do you find the time when you have young children??
Let us know your thoughts - we NEED your help and advice! Remember, that we are posting 6 days a week now, so there are new posts all the time. We'd love your input - YOU make "the Village" work. Remember that our motto is that it takes a village to raise a child and we want your help and input for our families and readers. Take a look at some of our most recent posts and give us a minute of your time to comment!
Also - don't forget to send us some Reader Requests. We'd also love to feature you on Friday Funnies. Just send an e-mail our way!
Thank you so much for reading. And tell your friends about us!